This delicious and healthy Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche is a breakfast favorite here at Castle in the Country. Make it in your kitchen, and it will easily become a new favorite breakfast or brunch recipe! Thanks to the sweet potato crust, this quiche gluten-free and lower in carbs and calories than traditional quiches.
Originating in France, the classic quiche is basically a French tart made with a pastry crust and filled with some type of savory custard or sauces as well as meat, seafood, vegetables or cheese.
- 1 Medium sweet potato
- 1 Cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/3 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup fresh baby spinach
- ¼ Teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ Teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice sweet potato into 1/8 inch thick rounds.
- Arrange sweet potato slices to cover a 9-inch glass pie plate; sprinkle with garlic salt and microwave for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle Feta cheese onto sweet potato slices.
- Combine eggs, heavy cream, and white pepper into a bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Pour egg mixture into pie plate, and top with spinach leaves.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours until filling is set.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche into wedges and serve.