Our Royal Eggs & Cheese Recipe is a perfectly rich and savory dish for a chilly winter morning, and a favorite of our staff and guests. There’s lots of room to be creative when it comes to adding ingredients to this egg dish, but here we share exactly how we prepare them.
- 2 Cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Small sweet red pepper
- ½ Tbsp dried Herbs d’ Provence
- 1 Medium red potato
- 6 Whole eggs
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste (optional, since the cheese adds salt)
- Small dice the red pepper.
- Fold sweet pepper, cheese, and dried Herbs d’ Provence together in a bowl.
- Place about 1/3 cup cheese mixture in a greased ramekin.
- Slice the red potato very thin, and place a layer on top of the cheese mixture.
- Gently whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and black pepper together. Pour egg mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle on a second layer of cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the center is firm. Serve immediately.
Here at Castle in the Country, we serve our Royal Eggs & Cheese with a creamy hollandaise sauce to add a little more richness. We then sprinkle the top of the eggs with fresh parsley, chives, sage leaves or lavender for visual interest. View More Castle Recipes.