Are you ready for a couple’s escape this spring? Then, start planning your romantic getaway near Holland, MI, during tulip season! Stay at Castle in the Country, and we’ll help you organize the best stay ever for you and your best friend.
Tulip Time Festival
The city of Holland, MI, is one of our Innkeepers’ favorite recommendations for a wonderful day trip year-round. Holland has the appealing qualities of a small town with the attractions of a big city.
Every year, Holland hosts the popular Tulip Time Festival during the first week of May. This popular and fun festival offers an extra special reason for a day trip to Holland.
Holland closes off its downtown 8th Street during the festival’s parade, which features participants of all ages dressed in authentic costumes of each of the provinces of the Netherlands – wooden shoes and all!
Popular Holland attractions include Windmill Island, Nelis’ Dutch Village Theme Park, and Veldheers’ Tulip Gardens. Many visitors enjoy sampling the street fare and shopping downtown, where Dutch dancers perform all week long.
Best Vantage Points for Tulip Time
- New Holland Brewing– Enjoy your beer behind the restaurant in the beer garden or while overlooking the parades and activity on 8th street.
- Curragh Irish Pub- Hearty Irish food, pub atmosphere, and excellent outdoor patio space overlooking 8th street
- Butch’s Dry Dock– Fine dining, an amazing wine cellar, and a location overlooking downtown 8th street.
- JP’s Coffee Shop– Grab a baked good or cup of coffee for all of your explorations around town
- Boatwerks– Boatwerks, although not directly downtown, boast a waterfront view of Lake Macatawa, perfect for grabbing lunch with a view.
Of course, the colorful tulips are the stars of the show and our favorite aspect of the festival. To plan your visit, here’s a schedule of Tulip Time events.
Luxury Accommodations Near the Tulip Festival
Castle in the Country Bed & Breakfast Inn is located less than 30 minutes from Downtown Holland. Our guests enjoy spending the day exploring all Holland has to offer before returning to their luxury rooms or suites on our secluded, 65-acre property, away from the crowds.
Updated February 2023