Castle in the Country is located in Southwest Michigan on 65 acres with wooded walking trails, private lake access and beautiful views on our decks overlooking our pond so it’s not surprising that many of our guests choose us for their romantic vacation and plan to enjoy the beautiful outdoor surroundings. But not every day is sunshine and blue skies, so our Innkeepers are prepared to give you some great suggestions for the perfect couples getaway regardless of rain or shine.
We have so much to offer you here at the Castle. Why not stay in, cuddle up with a book from our reading nook or, find a favorite movie in our DVD Library and enjoy some popcorn and chocolate chip cookies right here? You’re sure to find the peace and quiet you’re seeking. Relax in one of our eight suites in the 2 person whirlpool tub with our complementary bath salts, flameless candles and plush robes to use throughout your visit. To make the most of your time here, we recommend the Royal Treatment or Celebration Package. When you add either of these packages your breakfast tray will be delivered to your room on one of the mornings of your visit, you’ll enjoy a relaxing side by side couples massage followed by a picnic basket ready with homemade sour dough bread, a variety of cheeses and meats, fresh fruit and local Fenn Valley Wine and we’ll make reservations for you at your choice of our best of the best restaurants. With the celebration package, you have the added luxury of enjoying one of your nights dinner right here at the Inn. You’ll be able to pick up your dinner basket and enjoy it over looking the pond or tucked away in your room in front of your own fireplace. Or, take one of our huge umbrellas and find your way out to our Screen porch by the private lake or the screened gazebo by the pond!
Still wanting to head out on a rainy day but curious about where to go and what to do? Download our Mobile App and follow our Google Map of our favorite picks of restaurants, wineries, breweries, antique stores and all of the best attractions all within 30 minutes of Castle in the Country. Pack your umbrella, hop in the car and venture through these surrounding areas:
- Little Shop of Hoarders, Antiques Water St.
- Something Sweet (chocolate!) Locust St.
- Montage Market (local gourmet shop) Brady St. & Riverfront Plaza
- MugShots– (coffee,sandwiches, soups & salads.) Water St.
- Crane’s Pie Pantry, Restaurant, and Winery M-89 just west of 60th St.
- Fenn Valley Winery (wine tasting) 122nd Ave
- Virtue Cider (European Cider House) 62nd St. just south of 122nd Ave
- Willow Bend Antiques and Estate 68th St. near Blue Star Highway
- New Holland Brewing Company 8th st.
- Fustini’s 8th Street– oil and vinegar tastings
- Boatwerks– Washington st. Lakeside dining on Lake Macatawa
- JP’s Coffeehouse– 8th Street
- Reader’s World bookstore– River Ave & 8th St.
- Cottage Corner Antiques- River Ave.
Saugatuck Douglas, MI:
- Blue Star Antique Pavilion Blue Star Hwy
- Olde Farm House Antiques Blue Star Hwy
- Country Store Antiques Butler & Culver St.
- Swell Times (novelty shop) Water & Main
- Santa Fe Trading Co. (unique gift shop) Butler & Hoffman St.
- Butler Pantry Kitchen Shop Butler St.
- Mason Street Warehouse Culver St.
- Tabor Hill Wine Port Butler & Mason St.
- Kilwins Chocolates Butler & Mason
South Haven, Michigan:
- Sunset Junque Shop Blue Star Hwy
- Sherman’s Dairy Bar Phoenix St.
- Murphy’s 2 Floor Antique Mall Center St.
- Arbor Antiques Phoenix St.
- Olive Cart (gourmet store) Phoenix St.
Paw Paw, Michigan:
- St. Julian Winery South Kalamazoo St. (M-40 just north of I-94 exit 60)
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema (movie theater w/ food & craft beers) Portage & E. South St
- Kalamazoo Valley Museum N. Rose St.
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts Park St.
- Air Zoo Portage Rd just south of I-94.
- Miller Auditorium (Live Theatre) on Western Michigan University’s Campus
- Kalamazoo Antiques Market N. Edwards St.