As a Michigan small business, we love featuring Michigan products at our Inn and directing our guests to the best Michigan restaurants and wineries to visit during their stay. Our picnic & dinner baskets include local wine or sparkling juice, and our Innkeepers are eager to direct guests to the right winery that fits in with other daytrip or dinner plans. Many of our guests from the area choose to stop at a winery on the way to us for a tasting and to bring a bottle to the Inn to enjoy on-site.
Michigan Winery Weekend:
Guests coming to us from Chicago:
Guests coming to us from 1-94 (Chicago or Detroit) often take Exit 60 for Paw Paw, Michigan.
- St. Julian winery is located downtown Paw Paw, about twenty minutes from our Inn. St. Julian is a great stopping point on the way to our Inn, or on a leisurely trip home after your relaxing getaway.
- Warner Vineyards has two tasting rooms near us, one located next door to St. Julian in Paw Paw, the other located downtown Holland, MI.
Daytrip from the Inn Wineries- For guests that love planning out the perfect day trip, wine tasting is a fun activity to fit in somewhere. That’s what makes our location ideal for whatever type of wine or cider you and your special someone are hoping to try.
Fennville, MI- For guests headed to Saugatuck/Douglas area
- 1.) Fenn Valley Vineyards- Open every day year round- find Fenn Valley’s hours here –>> .
*Royal Recommendation- Enjoy a glass of wine after your tasting outside overlooking the beautiful vineyards.
- 2.) Virtue Cider– Featured in Time Magazine, Virtue Cider continues to interest our guests as a stopping point for tasting. Virtue Cider’s carry unique flavors some more tart or dry, always more interesting than your average hard cider. Located across from Fenn Valley Vineyards, Virtue’s country setting adds to the appeal.
- 3.) Crane’s Orchard Pie Pantry & Winery– We love Crane’s Pie Pantry as a stopping point for lunch after a day of Saugatuck shopping or nearby wine tasting. This year, Crane’s introduced their own line of fruit wines and hard ciders to complement their highly craved homemade pies and dumplings. The menu is simple but hearty, with offerings like a bowl of chili and several sandwich options.
*Royal Recommendation: Try the pie flight to go along with your cider/wine flight. This flight of Crane’s Pies allows you to pick out your favorite to bring home from the to-go shop attached to the restaurant.
South Haven, MI- For guests headed to South Haven beach or downtown
1) Macintosh Cellars– Hard Ciders & fruit wines in their beautiful orchard setting. Enjoy your beverage on the wrap-around porch where there’s plenty of seating overlooking the beautiful views.
2) 12 Corner’s Vineyard & Tasting Room- Located downtown South Haven