That fresh smell of the apple orchards as you drive by with your windows down. The amazing aroma of spices and pumpkin from your kitchen. And the smooth, tart taste of apple cider after a long day raking leaves. Nothing gets any better than the fall weather in the state of Michigan. Here at Castle in the Country, we indulge as much as we can! As we glance out over the pond, the leaves are just about beginning to change color and the air starts to feel brisk. We are looking forward to our fall wagon rides and enjoying a mug of hot apple cider. The season of fall has so much to offer with colors changing, wonderful smells and amazing tastes from our kitchen. We welcome you to venture to the castle to stay and enjoy every ounce of fall imaginable!
There are so many farms during the summer that give Southwest Michigan a glorious amount of fresh summer produce. From fresh asparagus and tart rhubarb, to sweet blueberries and savory zucchini, we know that none of these farms stop working once the cold weather rolls in. Many farms have orchards as well and are able to give this part of Michigan an amazing year of produce. From pumpkin patches to apple orchards, you’re likely to find so many wonderful farms within a 30 minute radius of Castle in the Country! Throw on a light jacket, grab a loved one and venture out!
Take a peak into this list of markets we’ve gathered for you:
- Crane’s Pie Pantry and Orchard has peaches and apples for picking! Pumpkins are on their way too. Crane’s is a great place to spend your afternoon. Grab a quick lunch in their deli, enjoy some of the select fruit wines, and venture through orchards. Take a pie for your way home!
- Overhiser Orchards has U-pick apples, pumpkins and fresh fall vegetables. They also have a variety of jams, jellies, and honey. Come for fun with hay rides, fresh apple cider, and fresh baked pies!
- McIntosh Apple Orchards has fruit wines and wine tastings. Venture through the orchards, enjoy a cup of fresh pressed apple cider, and homemade cider doughnuts! They have apples, peaches and pears.
- Dutch Farm Market has world renowned peaches! They also have every pear and apple imaginable!
- Schultz Fruitridge Farms, Inc. has a large variety of apples to choose f
rom! They also will have pumpkins, squash, pears, peaches and other fall produce. Try one of their caramel apples!
- Husted’s Farm Market and Cider Mill grows mainly honey crisp apples! They have fresh apple cider and fresh doughnuts. They also sell jarred items like salsas and jams.
- Gull Meadow Farms have fresh doughnuts daily! Check out their corn maze, apple orchard and pumpkin patch. U-pick apples here at Gull Meadow gives you a variety to choose for baking, eating, cooking and jarring!
- VerHages Fruit Farm and Cider Mill sells apples but so much more! They sell fudge, pies, doughnuts and other baked goods. They also sell Amish and other home goods.
- Stoke’s Homestead Farm Market has U-pick apples ready for picking! They have so much to offer on this farm with a bakery and deli on site as well.