It’s that time again, the New Year is upon us! Now that you’ve checked off your list of gifts for others, give the gift of a New Year’s getaway at our Allegan, MI bed and breakfast to your sweetheart and yourself, you deserve it! We have limited rooms available for New Year’s Eve 2013 but, of course New Year’s Eve isn’t the only time for a Southwest Michigan getaway with your sweetie, so keep these places in mind for your Castle in the Country stay at anytime!
For a Night Out on the Town:
- Kalamazoo will be hosting their Annual New Year’s Fest. Head to downtown Kalamazoo to see magicians, jugglers, comedians, live music, horse drawn carriage rides, and Fireworks at Midnight! Buttons, which serve as tickets to all of the attractions, are $5 in advance or $10 the day of the event. Feel free to go here and type in “New Year’s Fest Kalamazoo” to purchase tickets online, which can be exchanged for buttons the day of in Bronson Park.
- Dance the night away at Monaco Bay in Kalamazoo as you enjoy a Dueling Piano Show, their Grand Buffet Dinner, and a complimentary champagne toast. Check out their package options and see which one is perfect for you and your honey. Advanced purchase and reservation required.
- In Saugatuck/Douglas, ring in the New Year at one of their many area restaurants and bars as they host New Year’s Eve Celebrations. Saugatuck Brewing Company will be hosting a New Year’s Eve party in their pub with live music beginning at 6pm. Join the brewing staff and friends, enjoy food specials, great beer, wine, and cider as well as a Champagne toast at midnight. Admission is free!
For a Day of Winter Sports:
- Spend the last day of 2013 on the slopes near our Allegan, MI bed and breakfast! Bittersweet Ski is open for skiing from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm on New Year’s Eve Day. Timber Ridge is open 9:00am-8:00pm with skiing and tubing on New Year’s Eve Day.
- Of course there is much winter fun to be had right here at our Allegan, MI bed and breakfast! Snowshoes and sleds are available for guests to enjoy our wooded trails and slide down the Castle hill. Your whirlpool/fireplace suite is always nearby so you can warm up and cuddle by the fire.
For a Romantic Dinner for Two:
- Butch’s Dry Dock in Holland is offering a special multiple course meal on New Year’s Eve. Two seating times (from 5-6pm or 8:30-9:30pm) are available for you to choose from, each with their own set menu and, of course, their fantastic selection of wines from around the world is always available. To make reservations, call (616) 396-8227 or email email@example.com
- Food Dance in Kalamazoo will be having a full 5 course meal from 5-9:30pm, made with their freshest local farm to table ingredients. Make reservations online.
- Salt of the Earth will be hosting live music featuring The Hired Hands on New Year’s Eve and their regular menu of selections made from scratch upon order with only local, farm fresh, organic ingredients will be offered. Have a nice dinner and then head out to Saugatuck to check out the local bar scene and ring in the New Year.
For Adding Some Extra Romance to Your Stay:
Our Celebration Package contains all the components perfect for a celebration at our Allegan, MI bed and breakfast!
- Enjoy a chilled bottle of sparkling juice along side a tray of cheese, fruit, and crackers in your room upon check-in
- Relax and rejuvenate with a 60-minute couple’s side-by-side chocolate bliss massage
- Dinner is taken care of for you, one night we will bring a home cooked dinner for two to your room for a Dinner at the Inn, and for the other night, we will provide you with a Dinner Voucher to your choice of one of our 3 favorite restaurants (Butch’s Dry Dock, Food Dance, or Salt of the Earth), and we’ll even make your reservation for you!
- Stay in your PJ’s one morning of your stay and we will bring breakfast on a tray for you to enjoy right in the comfort of your own room at our Allegan, MI bed and breakfast.
Whether exploring the surrounding areas or staying cozy by the fire in your suite, you’re sure to have the perfect getaway at our Allegan, MI bed and breakfast with your sweetheart when booking a room at Castle in the Country Bed and Breakfast. For those of you who can’t make it for New Year’s, be sure to check-out our SPECIALS when making getaway plans for January and February!