The month of December brings so many wonderful adventures at Castle in the Country and it’s surrounding towns! All month long, the Castle and the Castle Keep are gloriously decorated with holiday cheer. We always decorate our live Michigan Christmas trees with silver and gold, but its especially appropriate this year since we’re celebrating our Silver 25th Anniversary! When our guests check in at the Castle, they’re met with a citrus scented 9′ Con-color tree decorated with mini white lights, ribbons and dried hydrangeas and in our Castle Keep dining room our 12′ Frasier Fir is decorated with unique ornaments and Christmas lights.
This holiday season is eventful at both Castle in the Country and all over Southwest Michigan. Let’s take a look at the events by town:
- CASTLE IN THE COUNTRY:
- Take $25 off per night when you book any of our 8 Whirlpool/fireplace Suites for 2 or more nights through December 23rd and celebrate our Silver 25th Anniversary with us.
- Take a Christmas Tour: Stop by for a Castle in the Country Open House Tour $2.00 pp, or, purchase a $12.00 pp ticket for the Annual Cookie Tour of B&Bs to tour ours and 17 other inns in the Saugatuck-Douglas area and enjoy fresh homemade holiday cookies!
- Take a Cooking Class: December 19,2015: ‘Just Desserts’ Cooking Class, by Pastry Chef Melina Dimond. Enjoy taste-testing and a hands-on cooking class learning how to make Holiday candies and cookies from around the world! *Add this package to your two or more night stay*
- Snuggle up with your special someone on a cold winter’s night in your choice of any one of our 10 guest rooms or suites and all featuring fireplaces! The Kingdom suite and the Crowning suite both feature an antique beautiful wood burning fireplace!
- Take our four-season Fat Bikes for a two hour spin on our trails! These bikes are great for rolling over any terrain and in any weather. Add the bundled package or the ala carte option (bike rental only for 2) and get out on our 65 acre property.
- Take a horse-drawn sleigh ride on our 65 acre property or, at the nearby Wild West Ranch. Once the snow flies, we’ll be scheduling Friday evening rides for $50 per couple.
- The Holland Kerstmarket is open on 8th street every Friday and Saturday from Thanksgiving-Christmas. Stroll through the festively decorated booths to find handmade ornaments, handcrafted wood work, holiday candies, and more!
- The Holland Farmer’s Market is still full speed ahead! Running until mid December, the market is teaming up with the Kerstmarket but also selling winter squash, root vegetables, kale and holiday baked goods.
- SOUTH HAVEN:
- The South Haven Festival of Trees is the first full week of December this year! There is no admission fee to venture through all of these beautifully decorated holiday trees. Many of their wreathes and holiday baskets will be for sale this year as well! Take something home with you or bring a goodie basket back to your room after your day out in South Haven.
- The Annual Mistletoe Market runs every day this December! This large fundraiser helps local artists, jewelers, photographers, and many more craftsmen show off their amazing work for charity. This holiday boutique event is the largest in the area; please support small businesses!
- The town of Glenn, just north of South Haven, is hosting the Glenn Holiday Market on December 5 from 9am-3pm. Pick up a variety of goods, from baked to crafted, and even floral arrangements. All of the goods are great to travel with, so why not bring them back to your room or back home after your stay at Castle in the Country!
Spend your holiday getaway with the one you love in Southwest Michigan! Snuggle up on a cold winter’s night in your choice of any one of our 10 guest rooms or suites and all featuring fireplaces! The Kingdom suite and the Crowning suite both feature an antique beautiful wood burning fireplace!
Enjoy the Royal Treatment or Celebration Package with Side by Side Couple’s Massages, Dinner Gift Cards to great Farm to Table Restaurants, and either Dinner Baskets or Picnic Baskets brought to your guest room/suite. Then, venture away for the day to the coast to shop at the many holiday events.
We look forward to celebrating the holidays with you here at Castle in the Country!