Although many events have been postponed this year, there are still some fun activities happening in the area where you can experience the joy of the season safely. From shopping local markets to cuddling fireside in a romantic retreat, here are 4 unique ways to enjoy the holidays in Southwest, MI.
1. Holland Kerstmarkt (Christmas market in Dutch)
From Saturday, November 21 – through Saturday, December 12, 2020, this outdoor European-style market will feature holiday items, delicious food and artisan demonstrations. Located at the 8th Street Marketplace at the corner of 8th Street and Pine Avenue each weekend.
2. Holland Farmers Market
Peruse a variety of wares from over 65 vendors at the Holland Farmers Market. For safety this year, you’ll only find food, pet supplies, personal hygiene products and plants – all of which can make wonderful gifts. Open each Wednesday and Saturday from 8am-2pm, May 13 – December 12, 2020.
3. Mistletoe Market
South Haven Center for the Arts presents Mistletoe Market 2020 where you can shop for unique gifts from a beautiful display of local and Midwest artists and artisans. Since they’re virtual this year, you can view the showcase and support these artists by purchasing work directly from their online shops!
4. Stay at Castle in the Country
Escape the ordinary by booking your guest room now at our exquisite bed and breakfast in the Southwest Michigan countryside. We’re located just outside the hustle and bustle of town on 65 acres of beautiful wooded and rolling terrain.
- Enjoy the Royal Treatment Experience – Add this delightfully romantic package to any two-or-more-night’s stay and up the level of romance. This package is good to use in the room or suite of your choice.
- Savor a Delicious Breakfast – Every morning you’ll wake to a scratch-made breakfast delivered on a tray to your door. You will relish each dish made with fresh, local ingredients from nearby farms and purveyors.
- Take a Winter Bike Ride – Rent our all-terrain, all-weather, fat-tire bikes for a winter bike ride. Our expansive property provides plenty of trails for an enjoyable afternoon outdoors. Afterwards, come back to your cozy suite to warm up and relax in front of the gas fireplace. Enjoy sipping a hot cup of cocoa or fine glass of wine from one of our local Michigan wineries.
Although we’ve highlighted unique ways to enjoy the holidays in Southwest, MI this year, the reason for the season remains the same. That is, celebrate gratitude and your loved ones. Show your special someone – or your favorite couple – how much you love them with a gift certificate to Castle in the Country. You’ll help them escape the stresses of life, relax and recharge, and create memories to last for years to come. Book Now