Castle in the Country is a magical place no matter what the time of year but especially in winter when the snow blankets the ground our “Kingdom” is transformed into your own winter wonderland. With Weekday Specials (4th night Free) and Winter Rates (starting at $129 per night) you’ll find we’re the perfect location for a romantic couple’s getaway in Southwest Michigan.
Stay cozy and warm in your choice of one of our 10 whirlpool/fireplace suites or guest rooms as the snow falls outside your window. Every morning of your visit we’ll have a full gourmet breakfast waiting for you in our dining room overlooking the pond and at your own individual table for two. If you’re staying with us for a 2 or more night stay, why not choose to add one of our bundled packages and along with amazing Spa services and food options, we’ll bring the breakfast tray right to your guest room or suite.
Don’t let the snow stop you from heading out on the trails while enjoying your getaway in Southwest Michigan! We have snowshoes available for you to use through our own Enchanted forest and there are plenty of birds to watch and snow angels to make. We also have sleds available for a thrilling ride down the Castle hill, and plenty of hot cocoa, tea, and coffee to warm up after your outdoor adventures. For those of you who want to venture out on the property here’s a reminder of some items you’ll want to pack:
- Warm coat, hat, gloves and a scarf
- Snow boots and warm socks
- Snow pants
- Binoculars for wildlife or bird watching
- Snack food or beverages for enjoying by the outdoor fireplace or out on the trails
Nearby are several attractions for other winter adventures as well:
- Downhill skiing at Bittersweet Ski Resort 10-10 M-F; 9-10 Sat-Sun (Ask the Innkeeper for Gate Passes or book the Seasons of the Heart Package)
- Downhill skiing and tubing at Timber Ridge 10-10 M-F; 9-10 Sat; 9-8 Sun
- Cross Country Ski Rental at Landshark free trails are groomed by the DNR in the Allegan State Game Area
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides at Wild West Ranch or Bittersweet Acres provide a perfectly cozy and romantic setting to enjoy the winter scenery of the country with your sweetheart. (Ask the Innkeeper for prices or book the “Seasons of the Heart” Package)
For a more relaxed day of exploring antique malls and boutique shops, cafes, craft beer breweries and farm-to-table restaurants the unique Lake Michigan shoreline towns of Saugatuck/Douglas and Holland, and the cool city of Kalamazoo are all within a 30-mile radius from our Southwest Michigan Bed and Breakfast.
- Saugatuck/Douglas is brimming with Art Galleries, wine tasting retailers and many one-of-a-kind gift shops.
- Holland has all the charm of a Dutch village but the modern convenience of heated sidewalks that make roaming the city a breeze in the winter.
- Kalamazoo is perfect for the beer lover, ranked #2 as “Beer City USA” for their selection of microbreweries and craft beers. We’ll recommend great restaurants and popular “Night spots” all within a 30 minute driving distance of the Inn.
- Local Wineries such as FennValley, St. Julian, and Warner’s are open all year round for tastings
- See our Calendar of Events for our recommendations on things to do in the area
- Visit our Plan Your Stay page for suggestions for Things to Do on-site and in the surrounding areas.
- Like us on Facebook to share your own Castle in the Country winter adventures and photos!