Some Historical Photos of the Castle Building
The Front Parlor
Our Queen Anne-style Castle in the Country broke ground in 1906 and was completed in 1911 as the summer home of Pennsylvania coal executive John H. Wurtz. He sold it in 1922 to a prominent Chicago dentist, Dr. George Bridgman. Dr. Bridgeman enjoyed it as a weekend country home, commuting by rail and his locomobile as he continued his practice in Chicago. He, and then his adult children, occupied the home into the 1960s. We recently received some old photographs of the building from relatives of the Bridgeman’s.
Rear and Front views of the building
Sheep in the North Field-Maybe again in our future?